Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The most tangible of all visible mysteries - fire.

18th April 2011.

Exactly 9 years ago my house burnt down. Everything was gone. My pictures, clothes, books, and most importantly my 32 barbies. And my two doll houses.
Those were the most precious things back then.
I cried a lot. I was only a kid. I didn't fully grasp what had happened. & how something so terrible could even happen to me. But I cried. Because I guess that's what kids do. & everyone around me expected me to break down. So I did.
My aunt took me out then. Bought me 3 barbies that had just come out. That I had been nagging my mom to buy. But suddenly I didn't care about them. The 32 barbies were not as important as my half burnt birth certificate. & drenched photographs.
I guess that was the day I grew up.
Today. I was coming home from someplace. & about 3 blocks from my house there was a fire. Exactly 9 years ago, 6 houses caught fire. Mine was among the 6. These places were far away. The cause couldn't be related. But apparently it had some astrological significance. When I saw the fire today I thought I was gonna die. I got paranoid. Superstitious too, perhaps. But I was alone. & I was scared. No one was home 9 years ago. I was home today.
Then I accidentally watched the news on TV & found out that there was a fire in Rajdhani Express, yes the train. It got me even more scared. All these fires. The date. It was beyond creepy.




19th April 2011.

Well I'm still alive. && Nothing around me caught fire. Guess that's always a good thing :)

Man is the only creature that dares to light a fire and live with it. The reason? Because he alone has learned to put it out.
But sometimes you're just far too late to put it out. & everything you had is destroyed.
But you have to fight it out. Get over your loss, whether it is barbies or every memory you've ever had, stiffen that upper lip & move on with life :)
Because no one ever said that life would be fair. They just said that it would be worth it in the end :D

Love,
NJ (:






No comments:

Post a Comment