Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Unsolved.

There are different kind of relationships in the world. They're all defined. There is a certain mould you must fit into. There are rules as to how a mother has to act, or a boyfriend or a friend or a teacher. But what if you can't explain what kind of relationship you have with someone. Its not love. Its not like. Its not a hook-up. Something about the person interests you. Almost amuses you. Makes you smile. Laugh even, when you think to yourself. But no, its not love. & you don't see yourself dating him. That wouldn't work out. But there is that something. That something which you cannot explain. Its mysterious. But you just let it be. Don't decide the dimensions of how it'll work. Don't expect anything. Be surprised. Cuz that feeling, is one of the best.
You might think I don't make sense. So let me tell you a story to explain.
This is a real story. with bits & pieces added here and there. To tie up the ends.

I was 15. Gullible, I guess. I had dated before. You like me? I like you? Oh lets hold hands under the table in class & pass cheesy notes to each other. :D
Yeah. That kind of a relationship.
So as I said, I was 15. My boards just got over && I was going to go to Goa with some friends. AND MY MOM. & my friends mom. Yeah D:
But we were 15, so I guess it was okay.
I'm gonna spare you the tiny details cuz otherwise this would end up to be way too long. My memory surprises me when I realise how much I remember about this trip.
So we were going by train. You know when you're with your friends, you want everything to last longer. So we didn't choose to fly there. Anyway, so on the train we saw a group of guys. Some of them were really cute :P My friends & I giggled, called dibbs. Got over it :P
The next day we went sightseeing. I have NO idea why, but we did. & we got reaaallly bored. So the next day, my friend decided to stay back at the hotel. When we got back she told us she had 'run into' the guys from the train. & we were supposed to meet them on the beach at 6 o'clock[or something :3].
I guess we were excited that something was finally happening. All the sightseeing crap was driving us crazy. So we met on the beach. Shit happened. yadayadaya.
The guys came to our hotel in the night & we got drunk -.-
I think that was the first time I ever got drunk. Yep, positive. It was. I don't know what got over me, but I made out with this guy. [the one I called dibbs on yay ^_^]
Also my friend poured vodka on the other guys head, but that isn't very important.
So the next morning I wake up & realise what I did last night. Now being 15, I felt stupid :3 So I texted him saying how sorry I was & how stupid I felt. He replied with "wanna start over?" I swear I felt butterflies explode in my stomach.
So I was all cool & replied "sure :)" & he was like "I'll pick you up at 10."
Which to a 15 year old seemed VERY fairytale-ish.
So as planned, he did pick me. But as far as I remember, he was late. Not important though.
So we went to the beach. Sat for 5 hours. Just talking. I really don't about what. Life & school & people & movies & music & I don't even know, seriously. But safe to say it as probably the best date I've ever had :)
The next night we went to beach again. Talked for hours. Did other stuff apart from talking. Well yeah. It was nice.
Then we got back to Bombay. He lived in town. & I kept going to town & stuff for college admissions. So one day we just decided to meet. It wasn't that great. And we didn't see each other for 2 years after that. I guess after coming back from Goa, I was convinced I was in Love with him. I didn't get the concept of Summer Love. Or hooking up. Or what happens in Goa, stays in Goa. I was 15. Yes I am going to blame it all on being young & naive. I got over it though. Got into a pretty serious relationship & forgot all about Goa. It was still special. It was a good memory. Good times. But I realised that it wasn't, you know, something long term.
2 years later. He comes on facebook chat & goes "Nooooppuurr!!" & we haven't spoken in forever. So I'm like "types-name-backspace-backspace-I'd-rather-maintain-anonymity"So hes like I had a dream bout you & I have to meet you! & I'm like "That is not creepy at all. Okay lets meet :P" Notice the smiley. Its significant. He thinks I over-use it. -.-
Moving on. I had a board paper the next day & he was flying to Thailand. He delayed his flight until after meeting me :3 & I went to see him after school.
So we meet. & History repeats itself.
We get drunk. & we make out. & we dance. We danced in Goa too. But I guess that was more of him holding me up to keep me from falling. Anyway, he downloads the Harry Potter theme music to dance with me. & I guess that is reason enough to marry a guy. But this was different. It was, as I mentioned before, unexplainable.

So I guess I'll see him in another two years. Have the most wonderful time. Then meet again after two years.
I don't know what to call this. Cyclic hookup? I think not. Its not a hook-up. Its not some random guy I met at some club. Not now at least.
We're very different people. We like each others company. We like other too. But how we want to define what we have, we've not decided. But I guess its best to be left unsolved. Cuz in my opinion, its what keeps us interested.

Much Love<3
NJ.

The same person is mentioned in another post - Reminder. :)
http://heartyhippogriffs.blogspot.com/2011/05/reminder.html

No comments:

Post a Comment