Monday, June 6, 2011

To be liked.

I've often been told that I'm a bitch. That I'm cynical. Sadistic. Pessimistic. Spiteful. Irresponsible. Insecure. Dumb. Irrational. Unreasonable.
I didn't care. Its who I am. Take it or leave it.
I don't mean to be an evil person who isn't liked very much. I don't mean to hurt anybody. I don't see any personal gain in that.
But I don't know what I do wrong. What makes people dislike me. Do I try too hard to not be a drag? To be liked? Or show that I don't care at all because that is what is appreciated these days? I don't know.
I don't know where I go wrong. But I usually do. I wish I was chilled out. Patient. Didn't pay heed to what the world thought. & though I might pretend that I don't care. I do. Everyone does. & if they say they don't, they're lying.
Everyone feels the need to be liked. The need to fit in. The need to be popular. So do I.
Point is, I've come to realise that I do care what people say. & to all those people who are going to say "You're awesome. Don't change for people" blah blah. STFU. Because if I was awesome, I wouldn't have reason for this post. I wouldn't have people saying "Oh I heard shit bout you but you're not that bad." Because obviously some people dislike me. I must be doing something wrong. I just wish it was easier to figure what that was.
Often I hear "Oh but you're so pretty, of course he'll like you." But it my opinion being liked for the way you look is worse than not being liked at all. I mean its the genes you have. no contribution of your own. So all those people who take being 'hot' as the best compliment in the world, think again.


People say "If your set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time & you would achieve nothing." BULLSHIT, in my opinion.
I mean so you're all successful. You have all the wealth & fame in the world. But what good is it going to do if everyone you know hates you?


So Glee & High School Musical can go fly a kite cuz being 'yourself' only works on TV. In real life, 'you' are what people what to see. & they are what you wanna see. That is the way it goes. The hot guy will play hard to get even if he genuinely likes you. & the nerdy chick will drool over the hot guy cuz even though she thinks hes a tool. Its the way it works.


So, what I'm trying to say is that everyone has the need to be accepted. & to be loved. As for me, I'm just gonna go try to figure where I go wrong.

Much love<3
NJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment