Monday, June 10, 2013

Rain

I was in the rickshaw today and it was raining. I don't mind the rain as long as I'm indoors, warm and comfortable. I don't want to deal with the muck or the traffic or just being wet in general. So I was sitting there updating a bitchy bbm status and I saw these kids on the side of the street, just chilling. They were drenched. They weren't like dancing in the rain like a bollywood movie. Just standing, probably waiting for someone. But they didn't look particularly sad.
And then my rickshaw guy broke my spiritual brainstorming and started explaining the perks of taking the backroad.
I told him to do whatever he likes because even though I respect the kids for not hating the rain, I wasn't particularly pleased with the weather.
Then I saw this man, cleaning some kind of cloth in a puddle. On the street. For cleaning. And I remembered how I just told my dad we should probably buy a new washing machine. And hopefully a dryer cuz the rain.
Then I saw some woman making plastic doors for her house on the pavement.

It's unfair to say you can't be sad because someone else has it worse. I know it's as redundant as saying you can't be happy because someone has it better.
But I guess that's where perception comes to play. The way I look at children in the rain or what I think about a tumblr quote might be completely different from how my best friend sees it.
I just think that seeing things like that makes you humble, and grateful, and appreciative. It doesn't mean that you have to force yourself to be happy. Or to like the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment